My name is Marius Tamosiunas. I am a fully qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist and a member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. My business is insured and I am supervised by an accredited supervisor.
The decision to become a Psychotherapist was greatly influenced by my own life experiences. That is why I am so passionate about my work. I believe that having suffered myself certainly helps me understand my clients and help them find a better way to cope with their problems.
Clients come to me looking for a therapist who is compassionate, caring, supportive and understanding because therapy should be a place you feel safe, comfortable and accepted for what you are. Together, we identify the issue and make a therapy plan that suits your needs. I integrate a range of therapy models to suit my clients` needs and preferences.
Primarily I work from a humanistic perspective while integrating effective approaches like Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help clients alleviate personal suffering and encourage change. According to feedback, I tend to be a good fit for clients who would like their therapist to actively listen and gently challenge them.
• B.A (Hons) degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
• Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
• Cert in Counselling and Psychotherapy
• Cert in CBT Psychotherapy
• Trauma informed therapy
• ASIST: Applied suicide intervention skills training
• Bereavement, Loss and Grief therapy
• Anxiety, Stress and Depression therapy
• Collaboration in therapy
• Psychotherapy Integration
• Working at Relational Depth
“Loving ourselves through the process of owning our own story is the bravest thing we'll ever do." - Brené brown